Okay, on to the big guy.
1700s--Sailors had been discovering Skull Island at least as far back as this time.
19th to 20th centuries--THE ELDRITCH NEW ADVENTURES OF BECKY SHARP--Becky Sharp is from VANITY FAIR. Becky's adventures have her interacting with the CTHULHU mythos, SHERLOCK HOLMES, TARZAN, Ishmael (of MOBY DICK), Professor Lidenbrock (who took a JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH), SHE, THE SCARECROW, the dwarves from RIP VAN WINKLE, and of course, KING KONG.
1930--KING KONG: THE ISLAND OF THE SKULL--The story of how the map to Skull Island was found.
1931--JIM ANTHONY, SUPER DETECTIVE: THE HUNTERS--Jim teams with Count Zaroff (from "The Most Dangerous Game"). There are also crossovers with the BALTIMORE GUN CLUB and THE KING IN YELLOW. Later, Anthony runs into Denham and his film crew on the Venture and later encounter Kong on Skull Island.
January to October 1931--KING KONG--
- A film crew discover a giant ape named King Kong on Skull Island and bring him back to New York City. Shockingly, he escapes, grabs the actress, and heads up the Empire State building.
- CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT (formerly known as G-8, who is half-brother of THE SHADOW and THE SPIDER) leads a team of pilots which includes SMILIN' JACK MARTIN, JIMMIE ALLEN, and TAILSPIN TOMMY, to shoot down the beast.
- Note that DOC SAVAGE operates out of the Empire State Building at this time, but was out of town and just arrived back to the city immediately after the events while the great ape was still laying in the streets. Savage happened to have been the one who supplied filmmaker Denham with the gas used to subdue Kong. Savage would later be a consultant in the making of the original film based on these events. This is revealed in DOC SAVAGE: HIS APOCALYPTIC LIFE.
- Note that a lot of this timeline is based off of information from John Small's "The Beast", from Glimmerglass: The Creative Writer's Annual, Volume 1.
- In his acknowledgments, he thanks BUCKAROO BANZAI.
- Small also references TARZAN AT THE EARTH'S CORE.
- Note that Small uses Arn McConnell's "Kong: His Life and Fall" as a reference.
- Note the actress Ann Darrow may really be Ann Redman.
- Note that Small and I both consider both the original film and the 2005 version to be different tellings of the same story, along with the novelization of the first film.
- Small references THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (1898 and 1938) the initial events of FLASH GORDON as attempts of covering up events, just as with KING KONG.
- Amongst the crew that journeys to Skull Island is Jake Cutter (TALES OF THE GOLD MONKEY).
- Kong is of the same species as seen in JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH, TARZAN AT THE EARTH'S CORE, and TALES OF THE SHADOWMEN 3: DANSE MACABRE "The Ape Gigans".
- Ann Darrow is the daughter of TARZAN and BECKY SHARP.
October 1931--THE GRAND ADVENTURE--"After King Kong Fell"--DOC SAVAGE returns home to find a large dead ape blocking the doorway of his home. He had been away in the events of THE CZAR OF FEAR. This mission kept him from accompanying Denham on his trip. THE SHADOW also witnesses the dead fallen ape. TIM HOWLLER was also there. Tim also appears in "The Face that Launched a Thousand Eggs". Tim would later tell his story to his granddaughter, Jill Drake.
January 1932 to March 2, 1933--RKO PRODUCTION 601: THE MAKING OF KONG, EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD--The government covers up the true events by making a movie about it, declaring it fictional. This is a common method of the governments of the world and other secret societies. This explains a lot of events in the TVCU in which real events are later forgotten by all and then later still thought to be fictional.
1932 to 1948--THE WORLD OF KONG: A NATURAL HISTORY OF SKULL ISLAND--DOC SAVAGE and TARZAN employ Denham to return to Skull Island to do documentary filming. Skull Island is said to be "the Menace of the Monsters". Joining in on the expedition were INDIANA JONES, Alex O'Connell (famous for taking down THE MUMMY), and Joshua Williams (from "Joshua Williams Breaks a Date"). (TARZAN couldn't make it due to events seen in TARZAN ALIVE). Roland Tembo is amongst the expedition as well. Tembo's CINEVERSE counterpart appears in THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK. SON OF KONG is a fictionalized version of events that actually happened during this expedition.
September 1936--DOC SAVAGE # 6--"The Sky Stealers"--Ham mentions King Kong. His reference would seem to be a pop culture reference, except that he actually witnessed Kong falling off the Empire State Building. Additonally, the Scroll of Thoth is involved. Thoth is named for Thoth-Amon, former foe of CONAN. Also, Dr. Petrie is involved, and since the roots of the TVCU stem back to the Wold Newton Universe, you should read "Who's Going to Take Over the World When I'm Gone?" in MYTHS FOR THE MODERN AGE to learn more about how this fellow is important in this world.
Late 1930s--SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW--This story is partially true, partially fiction. The hero is actually G-8/CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT. The villain behind these events may have been FU MANCHU.
1947--MIGHTY JOE YOUNG--Both 1949 and 1998 films are versions of the same event. Jill Young is a distant cousin of Ann Darrow.
1957--KONG: KING OF SKULL ISLAND--Denham's son goes to Skull Island, who was lost there in 1948. He finds him, but the father passes away.
November 1983--A-TEAM--"Steel"--One of Denham's grandkids is a crook in L.A. who is taken down by the A-Team.
August 1989--JURASSIC PARK--When researching the article that I am heavily relying on for this timeline, he was assisted by Dr. Jill Drake, who survived the incident where cloned dinosaurs went amok. Drake's Cineverse counterpart is Ellie Sattler. FU MANCHU may have been a secret mastermind behind these events.
1999--KONG REBORN--Dr. Jill Drake is involved in this incident. Jill discovers the BUCKAROO BANZAI has moved a clone of KING KONG to BANDUKI. It may be that the events of KONG: THE ANIMATED SERIES may be based on these events, which involve a female scientist who clones Kong then has to release him in a suitable environment. It was followed by KONG: KING OF ATLANTIS and KONG: RETURN TO THE JUNGLE.
Spring 2000--THE EXECUTIONER # 264--"Iron Fist"--Mack Bolan takes on a CTHULHU based group that creates a super-agent. This super-agent is compared to KING KONG, the FRANKENSTEIN monster, the Riddler (foe of BATMAN), DOC SAVAGE, and CROCODILE DUNDEE. The cult utilized helicopters with a similar design to BLUE THUNDER. There is also a reference to the T1000 TERMINATOR. The Terminators exist in several realities, including the TVCU, in which the first two films, the fourth film, and the television series all occur, along with appearances in WAYNE'S WORLD and LAST ACTION HERO.
Winter 2001--THE NEW ADVENTURES OF FRANKENSTEIN--"Frankenstein in the Lost World"--The original FRANKENSTEIN monster and friend are pulled through space and into the past to THE LOST WORLD. They find a stranded professor of the Marshall Natural History Museum, which features heavily in most of the works o DONALD F. GLUT. Amongst the primitive species in the Lost World are the giant apes that are the same species as KING KONG.
ALTERNATE REALITIES: (Note all the events of the AUs are fictional in the TVCU, as part of the cover-up, or simply films made in ignorance of the true events.)
BANGLADESHI CINEVERSE--BANGLAR KING KONG occurs here.
CINEVERSE 2--The events of th 1976 film, KING KONG, and its sequel, KING KONG LIVES, occur here. Also BYE BYE MONKEY.
Cineverse 3--The events of QUEEN KONG occur here. Events of the film MAD MONSTER PARTY?
IMAGINATIONLAND--King Kong lives in this world where he lives on the side of the good characters.
JAPANESE CINEVERSE--This is the world of Japanese films. American remakes occur in the Cineverse, rather than Cineverse 2. Anyways, here , the events of JAPANESE KING KONG occur, where the same events as in the TVCU occur, only in Tokyo rather than New York.
LOONIVERSE--In this reality, Mickey Mouse has to save Minnie Mouse from King Kong.
MARVEL UNIVERSE--The events of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA (1962) and KING KONG ESCAPES (1967) occur here, as well as THE KING KONG SHOW. Also the series IKE! GREENMAN, which Kong appears in episode # 38.
SKITLANDIA--In THE GOODIES, Kitten Kong terrorizes London. In THE MR. MEN SHOW, King Kong carries LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE up the Empire State Building.
TOONIVERSE--Kong also appears in YELLOW SUBMARINE. Kong appears in the episode of WHERE MY DOGS AT? entitled "Buddy and Woof do the Movie Awards". Kong later reappears in KAPPA MIKEY "Where's my Werepuff", where the giant ape captures actress Lily and climbs LilyMu Studios, only to be shot down by Guano.
TOONIVERSE 2--This is a new one for me, but it's created out of necessity. Here the events of THE MIGHTY KONG occur, where everything is the same as the TVCU events, only it's a musical.
TREEHOUSE OF HORROR--At least one reality in this multiverse has a counterpart that is a conflation of Homer Simpson and King Kong.